I am a New York Times and International Bestselling Author. I have worked with dozens of authors to assist them with their book proposals, manuscripts, and successful road to publishing for both fiction and nonfiction books. I am happy to discuss the process with you personally and provide references but I must maintain their confidentiality, as I would do for you as a client, and not post the names here. But I'm happy to discuss in a phone call with you!
Wrote for the theater in Chicago and NYC. I hold an MFA in screenwriting from the American Film Institute and was selected for the Walt Disney Studios Screenwriting Fellowship, and spent a year writing for Touchstone Pictures there.
My areas of experience and strong personal interest:
Memoir; Compelling Crime Stories; Biography; Family-based Drama; Historical events and characters, especially with demonstrable with ties to today.
(1) TAKING MY LIFE BACK: My Story of Faith, Determination, and Surviving the Boston Marathon Bombing, by Rebekah Gregory with Anthony Flacco (Revell/Baker) 2017 * Starred PW Review
(2) IMPOSSIBLE ODDS: The Kidnapping of Jessica Buchanan and Her Dramatic Rescue by SEAL Team Six, By Jessica Buchanan & Erik Landemalm with Anthony Flacco (Atria/Simon & Schuster) 2013 * NYT Bestseller Optioned for film by Clint Eastwood/Warner Bros. Studios; *Winner 2013 USA Book News, Best Memoir
(3) THE ROAD OUT OF HELL: Sanford Clark and the True Story of the Wineville Murders, by Anthony Flacco with Jerry Clark (Union Square/Sterling) 2009 * Winner 2009 USA Books News, Best True Crime
(4) PUBLISH YOUR NONFICTION BOOK: Strategies for Learning the Industry, Selling Your Book, and Building a Successful Career, by Sharlene Martin and Anthony Flacco (Writers Digest Books) 2009 * William Shinker, Former President & Publisher, Gotham and Avery Books: “Demystifies the publishing process in a way that any writer will find to be informative and enlightening.”
(5) TINY DANCER: The Incredible True Story of a Young Burn Victim’s Journey from Afghanistan, by Anthony Flacco (Thomas Dunne/St. Martin’s Press) 2005 * Written under the close supervision of Dr. and Mrs. Peter Grossman and required the same collaborative spirit. * International Bestseller (Piemme) 350,000 copies sold in Italy. Kansas City Star: “one of the 100 Most Noteworthy Books of 2005.” Reader’s Digest: Editors’ Choice for 1000th Commemorative Issue, Aug. 2005
Anthony Flacco Sole Publishing Credits:
(1) IN THE MATTER OF NIKOLA TESLA: A Romance of the Mind by Anthony Flacco [Historical Fiction] (DiversionBooks) 2013 * Translated into Italian, Russian, and Estonian
New York Journal of Books: “It is a monumental task, this getting into the mind of a man as complex and extraordinary as Tesla. Anthony Flacco is up to it.”
(2) THE LAST NIGHTINGALE: A Novel of Suspense by Anthony Flacco [Historical Fiction] (Mortalis/Ballantine Books) 2007 * Review from Marilyn Stasio, New York Times: “Every historical mystery tries to hone in on the ideal setting at the perfect moment in time. Anthony Flacco succeeds on both counts in his first novel … Flacco imagines the chaos in precise and vivid detail while contributing his own distinctive narrative touch.” International Thriller Writers Award 2007 Nominee
(3) THE HIDDEN MAN A Novel of Suspense by Anthony Flacco [Historical Fiction] (Mortalis/Ballantine Books) 2008 *
(4) A CHECKLIST FOR MURDER by Anthony Flacco [Nonfiction] (Dell Books, Mass Market Paperback) 1995 and reprinted in 2015 (Diversion Books) * I also adapted the book into a two-hour teleplay which was bought by NBC Studios.