Submission Guidelines: Please submit a query, 1-2 synopsis, 1-sentence pitch, and a 5-page sample of your manuscript through: https://QueryManager.com/AnaliezeCervantes
A few tips when querying me:
• Avoid using passive voice in your query. Hook me with your first sentence and keep me engaged throughout your query, synopsis, and sample pages.
• Keep your synopsis to 2-pages, single-spaced. It should show characterization, setting, conflict, and should tell me the ending.
• Follow submission guidelines.
• In fiction, I am more interested in your story than your writing/publishing credits so make sure your story is strong and engaging. I want to be dragged into your story.
• I require a one-sentence pitch (or tagline) of your work. If you pitched this to me via Twitter during pitch events, copy and paste the tweet in that section of the form.
• Mystery works should fit the mystery genre, it should leave me on the edge of my seat, keep me engaged, have cliffhangers, and should not give me hints on who "dun" it.
• If you've hit send and notice a typo, formatting glitch or another issue. Don't worry about it. I won't hold it against you.
What I'm not looking for:
• Fantasy (anything Fantasy)
• Short story collections
• Inspirational works including religious overtones
• Picture/Chapter Books
• Graphic Novels
• Middle Grade
• Horror (please nothing with Zombies)
• Anything Political
*Any queries sent through email will not be accepted.*