I am a New York-based publicist/marketer specializing in the online promotion of books and plays. Since 1996 I have been helping writers, publishers, agents and publicists spread the word about their books and projects. I established Saichek Publicity in August 2013. Previously I spearheaded online publicity campaigns and promotions for AuthorsOnTheWeb/The Book Report Network (2002-2013), and managed select freelance publicity projects on a part-time basis (1996-2013).
What I do:
* Online media and blogger strategy/outreach, including blog tours
* Print and broadcast media outreach/strategy
* Newsletter strategy/content development
* Social media strategy/content development
* Advertising strategy
* Appearances (assistance with booking/promotion)
* General consulting
Select publisher clients have included Amazon, Disney-Hyperion, Down & Out Books, Fabled Films Press, HarperCollins, HarperCollins Children's Books, Hyperion, Penguin Random House, Quirk Books, Random House Children's Books, Simon & Schuster, St. Martin's Press, Tor Books, and Turner Publishing.
Depending on the project in question, I was hired by the author, the publisher, or the agent.
* Panelist, Sarah Lawrence College's Publish & Promote Your Book Conference, June 2017
* Panelist, Sarah Lawrence College's Publish & Promote Your Book Conference, June 2016
* Guest Speaker, SUNY’s Global Center for Graduate and Executive Education, February 2013
* Company Representative (“Breakout” session), online marketing/publicity services panel presented to AAR members, January 2013
* Guest Speaker, SUNY’s Global Center for Graduate and Executive Education, January 2013
* Guest Speaker, SUNY’s Levin Institute for Graduate and Executive Education, December 2011
* Moderator, Meet the Publicist (Independent and Small Press session), Book Blogger Convention/BEA, May 2011
At this time I am working on a limited number of self-published titles --- chiefly consulting rather than campaign execution.