Sourcebooks is one of the country’s fastest-growing independent publishers with 61% growth in the first quarter of 2023. The recent acquisition of Callisto Media brings together two of the most data-driven publishers in the book industry to create a consumer-led organization that brings readers books that will transform their lives.
Working within the Sourcebooks marketing and publicity team, and alongside the Senior Director of marketing, we are looking to hire two Senior Marketing Associates - one role for Callisto’s Adult list, and the other role for Callisto Kids and Teen – to create innovative marketing & PR campaigns for Callisto publishing’s expansive list of adult and juvenile non-fiction books that includes workbooks, cooking, health & wellness, relationships & personal growth. This is an exciting opportunity to drive success for an impactful, data-centric, consumer-led publishing program.
We’re looking for individuals who will be champions for Callisto’s books and authors and can see the bigger picture in terms of understanding reader needs and how books deliver content that serves consumer demand.
WE OFFER REMOTE WORK IN THE FOLLOWING STATES ONLY: ILLINOIS, MINNESOTA, WISCONSIN, WASHINGTON, ARIZONA, TEXAS, TENNESSEE, NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY, PENNSYLVANIA, MARYLAND AND CONNECTICUT.
SENIOR MARKETING ASSOCIATE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create and lead creative marketing & publicity campaigns for bestselling titles, from planning through implementation.
• Collaborate closely with the editorial, data, and sales teams to drive strategy and maximize campaign effectiveness.
• Own the Callisto influencer marketing program, and devise influencer marketing campaigns that activate word of mouth and drive sales.
• Own and manage Callisto’s social media, including content creation, scheduling, and the development of creative campaigns that drive sales and awareness for titles.
• Partner with the digital team on email marketing, advertising, and paid social campaigns.
• Secure media and promotions that drive sales of Callisto books and brands.
• Excellent writing, content creation, and communication skills.
• 3+ years of experience in marketing, communications, or publicity.
• Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and work flexibly and quickly.
• Ability to work independently while contributing to department and corporate goals.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
• Knowledge of social media platforms as leveraged for book promotion.
Our culture is driven by energetic thinkers who possess leadership qualities and the desire for personal growth. If you possess these qualities, there’s no limit to how far and how fast you can grow! Please submit your resume with a cover letter that includes links to your personal social platforms.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program. Our range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical/Prescription drug insurance, Dental, Vision, Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account 401(k), Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Life/AD&D Insurance, & generous paid time off.
Sourcebooks values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
About Our Company:
Sourcebooks is a fast-growing entrepreneurial company seeking impact players and difference makers. We create books that transcend categories and defy odds; with hundreds of national bestsellers and awards to show for it. We are a company of enthusiastic, book-loving employees who are dedicated to connecting books to readers in new and innovative ways. Every day, we are transforming the publishing industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. Story by story, book by book, we have touched over 100 million lives. Join us as we strive to change 100 million more.