The newly relaunched Union Square & Co. is an independent trade publisher that showcases top-tier talent and brands and gives space to unique perspectives and strong voices in adult and children’s publishing. Our robust program includes books, stationery, calendars, and games, as well as the adult eponymous imprint, the children’s imprints Union Square Kids and Boxer Books and Puzzlewright Press, which publishes pencil-and-paper puzzles, and Sterling Ethos, which publishes to magic and mystic-driven books and products.
The Marketing and Publicity Assistant supports the marketing strategy, digital marketing, school & library marketing and publicity efforts across Union Square & Co.’s imprints.
An employee in this position can expect a starting rate between $22 - $26 per hour depending on experience, seniority, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law.
This is a hybrid role requiring 2-3 days/per week in our NYC headquarters.
• Support the Marketing & Publicity team in implementing title-specific campaigns, including consumer and trade advertising, marketing teaser mailings, drafting publicity materials (galley letters, press releases, pitches), trade feature submissions, award submissions, trade and media mailings.
• Administrative support, including coordination of meetings, preparing meeting materials, taking notes, managing the publicity inbox, approving requestors on NetGalley and Edelweiss, completing travel and expense reports, routing materials for approval, booking author travel, processing invoices, and maintaining the budget grid.
• Assist the Marketing & Publicity team with the planning of school & library, trade and consumer conferences, regional trade shows, and festival attendance, (virtual and/or physical).
• Coordinate with vendors, including advertising partners and freelance designers, for assigned projects.
• Collect and share press clips/links with our internal team, and social media teams.
• Coordinate category specific promotions, giveaways, and events.
• 1-2 years’ experience and understanding of publishing functions and processes a plus
• Able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, and manage deadlines across multiple projects
• Manage tasks from multiple people and keep them updated on status
• Self-starter and capable of working independently
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel required
• Familiarity with Cision, Net Galley, Muck Rack, Edelweiss, MS Office, Constant Contact and Photoshop a plus!
• Fluent in social media and digital trends to support campaigns to reach new audiences
About Our Company:
Union Square & Co. is a talent-driven publisher whose mission is to promote excellence in contemporary publishing and to honor the vision of our creators by providing best-in-class production, editorial and design choices. Headquartered in New York City, Union Square & Co., LLC is a subsidiary of Sterling Publishing Co, Inc., and includes imprints Puzzlewright Press, home to pencil-and-paper puzzles, and Sterling Ethos, home to magic and mystic-driven books and products. For more information, visit unionsquareandco.com