Hachette Book Group Nashville seeks an Online Marketing Manager for their Center Street imprint. This role will manage the division’s consumer digital initiatives and reports to the Associate Online Marketing Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create and assist with Center Street’s Digital Content Strategy: Create a comprehensive digital content strategy that includes both the imprint and authors’ online media.
• Oversee and execute digital content creation (social media and blog posts, digital ads, social media material, newsletters) to drive front list and backlist promotions for brand authors.
• Data-Driven Analysis, Decisions & Goals: Set clearly quantifiable goals and benchmarks (D2C sales, traffic growth) for all digital campaigns and strategies, including (but not limited to) newsletters, social media platforms, blogs, as well as title-specific marketing and digital advertising (SEO, keyword advertising, social media ads, etc.). Gather data about audiences and perform actionable analysis to make recommendations for ongoing/future campaigns.
• Social Media Innovation: Evaluate new platforms and keep abreast of all business and technology trends that could impact digital strategy. Conduct periodic competitive analysis (publishing industry and non-industry) for Center Street.
• Content Creation: Write and design social media assets. Produce and edit video content for digital promotion and upload to key retailers and social media platforms.
• Blogger and Influencer Outreach: Continue to develop Center Street’s blogger and influencer outreach, including book-specific campaigns.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Demonstrated skill in writing effective and engaging social media copy
• Photography for social media set-up shots with an iPhone, includes styling book shots
• Basic video editing, production and direction skills with a platform like iMovie
• Understanding of MailChimp
• Some HTML experience (WordPress a plus)
• Facebook and Facebook Ads Manager
• Google AdWords, search and display, Google Analytics
• Familiarity with social listening tools such as Sprout Social, SEM rush
• Familiarity with syndication platforms
• Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in book publishing-preferred not required
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in digital marketing