We have a great opportunity to join our global Journals team in our Philadelphia office.
As Publisher you will be responsible for commissioning and acquiring new products to agreed upon revenue and profitability targets, publishing existing programs and leading a team of Managing Editors and Editorial Assistants. You will be facilitating, developing and implementing revenue growth across the list, working closely with Editorial Director on strategic issues, and being an ambassador for Taylor & Francis at all times
· Responsible for achieving agreed annual target level of revenue and profitability
· Performance management of Managing Editors and Editorial Assistants
· Commissions, acquires and manages portfolio to an agreed level of revenue and profitability
· Manages transition of acquired titles and publishes existing programme to agreed plan
· Develops, articulates and implements a clear plan and vision for the development of the list
· Motivates individual and team performance to ensure that signings, revenue, profitability and growth targets are met
· Provides constructive feedback and input to Editorial Director and other colleagues on global publishing strategies, staffing issues, budgetary and financial planning and industry developments
· Liaises with other departments to achieve timely publication, sales and usage goals
· Acts as a product champion with internal stakeholders to ensure buy-in and support for the list across other departments
The ideal candidate will have:
7+ years’ journal publishing experience
Knowledge of relevant systems and websites
Industry and market awareness
Ability to read and interpret appropriate financial data
Leading and managing editorial staff
Financial and budgetary planning and reporting
Delivering business results
Confident team leader with the ability to understand and communicate information clearly
Strong influencing and negotiation skills
Effective people skills and ability to teamwork, network and build relationships internally and externally
The Company - Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group operates globally and produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Taylor & Francis is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.