The Manager/Senior Manager, School and Library Marketing will manage marketing efforts targeted to librarians and will lead efforts such as industry Conferences and awards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage booth space, furnishings, display & signing materials and logistics for 5-6 school and library conferences a year
• Promote LBYR presence and activities at conferences through advertising, social media and events
• Review conference proposals and manage author participation; plan related author events
• Participate in developing seasonal marketing plans across promotional formats (advertising, social media, promotions, author appearances)
• Assist department head with budget management
• Manage execution of seasonal marketing plans, including copy writing, creative concepting, coordination with ad/promo, design and other departments
• Write advertising and newsletter copy
• Manage social networking initiatives for the school and library market including Facebook, Twitter, and LittleBrownLibrary.com: manage Twitter chats, Facebook promotions, website updates, Tumblr postings
• Facilitate all correspondences & mailings for Little, Brown School Faculty Lounge
• Manage departmental database and review copy mailings.
Awards and Administration
• Assist the Director, School & Library Marketing with awards submissions at both the state and national level: selecting titles for submission; managing correct committee mailing information.
• Work with department head to review longer-term projects, such as diversity outreach, and educational market changes
• Manage freelance educator guide writers and explore new partnerships.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Proven ability to plan and execute School & Library marketing campaigns.
• The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years experience in book publishing/book retail; library and/or educational marketing experience in a children’s book environment is preferred.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint). Strong database skills
• A “roll up your sleeves”, “can do” approach.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience.
• Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed.
• Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through.
• Drives change and innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate.
• Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.
Hachette Book Group is a leading trade publisher based in New York and a division of Hachette Livre (a Lagardère company), the third-largest trade and educational publisher in the world. HBG publishes under the divisions of Little, Brown and Company, Little Brown Books for Young Readers, Grand Central Publishing, Orbit, Hachette Books, Hachette Nashville, and Hachette Audio.
HBG’s bestselling authors include Sherman Alexie, David Baldacci, Sandra Brown, Stephen Colbert, Chris Colfer, Michael Connelly, Amy Cuddy, Jeffery Deaver, Tina Fey, Malcolm Gladwell, Shannon Hale, Elin Hilderbrand, Mark Hyman, T.D. Jakes, Sebastian Junger, John Maxwell, Brad Meltzer, Joyce Meyer, Stephenie Meyer, J.R. Moehringer, Joel Osteen, Gwyneth Paltrow, James Patterson, Randy Pausch, David Perlmutter, Jerry Pinkney, Keith Richards, J.K. Rowling, J.D. Salinger, Stacy Schiff, David Sedaris, Lemony Snicket/Daniel Handler, Nicholas Sparks, Jon Stewart, Donna Tartt, Scott Turow, David Foster Wallace, Brent Weeks, Tom Wolfe, and Malala Yousafzai.
In addition to selling and distributing its own imprints, HBG provides a wide range of custom services to third party publishers, such as distribution, fulfillment, digital and sales services. Some of HBG’s clients include: Harry N. Abrams, Chronicle Books, Disney Book Group, Gildan Media, Hachette UK, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Kids Can Press, Marvel, Moleskine, Nicholas Brealey, Octopus Books, Paula Deen Ventures, Peterson’s, Phaidon Press, Phoenix International Publications (pikids), Quarto Publishing Group, Quercus, Time Inc. Books, and Yen Press.