W.W. Norton is seeking a Production Assistant for its Trade Department. The Production Assistant will coordinate reprints for Norton trade books and provide general department support, with future coordination for new paperbacks.
• Ordering and tracking several hundred reprints annually and assisting with production for paperback titles.
• Estimating for one-color and four-color reprints.
• Typesetting, trafficking, and archiving corrections for text and covers.
• Converting titles to print on demand.
• Working with book manufacturing companies and component vendors to ensure
• timely printing and shipping of titles.
• Collaborating with the Editorial and Design departments to usher books through the reprint cycle.
• Maintaining an accurate database of all book projects in process.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Employment eligibility to work with W.W. Norton & Company in the US.
• Must be able to work full business hours from Norton’s HQ office in NYC.
• Must be highly organized, disciplined, and self-motivated.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must have good time management skills and be capable of multi-tasking across departments, activities, and projects.
• Must be detail-oriented, making sure that all aspects of daily activities are handled with accuracy and minimal mistakes.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) a must.
• Familiarity with Photoshop and page-layout software (Quark, InDesign) a plus.
W. W. Norton is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
W. W. Norton is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W. W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years in the areas of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry”. For more information about the Company, please visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.