Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Naturejobs is the leading career and recruitment platform for scientists. It is the world’s largest scientific job board and part of Springer Nature, the leading global research, educational and professional publisher.
Naturejobs provides thousands of scientific vacancies for all levels, sectors and countries to a global audience of high-caliber scientists. As well as the job board Naturejobs also provides career information and advice for scientists in print and online as well as a series of career fairs and conferences. It provides job seekers with a platform to develop their careers and recruiters with a platform from which to attract suitable candidates.
We are seeking an experienced Advertising Sales Representative to become a member of the team at Springer Nature. Naturejobs is a fantastic opportunity for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to work as part of a global media sales team at a publisher that is the leading brand in its sector. The Advertising Sales Representative will manage their own territory and help clients with their recruitment and employer branding needs by advertising products and campaigns on Naturejobs. There will be a wide range of existing clients to manage, including universities, research institutes and Biopharma companies. The candidate must be proactive and develop new clients and business while becoming a Naturejobs advertising expert, consulting clients on the wide range of digital and print advertising products available.
- Direct Sales – Manage sales strategies and achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets. Establish new sales leads and maintain existing client base in territory.
- Reporting – Document sales activity in CRM and produce regular sales pipeline and updates. Keep up to date with territory trends and knowledge.
- Travel – 25% domestic travel is required. Scheduled client meetings, events, conferences, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years of sales experience, B2B preferred
- Client oriented and pro-active sales approach
- Comfortable with prospecting and cold calling
- Develop collaborative work relationships with internal team
- Organizational skills, ability to multi task and work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong CRM knowledge is required i.e. SalesForce
- Scientific degree or interest in the scientific field
- Previous sales experience in recruitment advertising and job boards
- Experience of STM and/or academic markets
- Entrepreneurial mentality
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster: