Nature Research is a flagship portfolio of journals, products and services including Nature and the Nature-branded journals, dedicated to serving the scientific community.
We are looking for a marketing coordinator to support the display advertising and content marketing teams. We are creating an in-house advertising agency to drive comprehensive marketing solutions to businesses seeking to advertise across Springer Nature's vast and prestigious journals portfolio. Working closely with the marketing manager, the role will coordinate the day to day operations of the department.
The role is ideal for a candidate with some marketing experience looking for the opportunity to develop their skills with advertising.
Uses technical / job knowledge and experience, incorporating functional skills and broad-based business knowledge, to meet and exceed job requirements/customer expectations. Up-to-date and disciplined, able to make constructive recommendations when participating in a project. Efficiently manages workload and projects within set timelines. Assimilates and applies new job-related information in a timely manner.
Drive and motivation to meet or exceed customer expectations, Nurtures relationships by recognizing and delivering on internal and external customer’s needs and opinions. Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of their actions.
Builds effective relationships through positive communication that motivates and influences others. A valued team member actively involved in achieving team objectives. Works cooperatively and flexibility with other members of the team. Effectively communicates relevant ideas or details of events in a way that enhances relations in the work environment. Successfully influences others to accept and support an idea/proposal/plan.
Takes initiative to identify current and potential problems and determines the best possible solution.
- Report on marketing activities
- Provide analysis of observations
- Work with MM to contribute content and update templates for newsletters and different features
- Work with MM to create new sell sheets and update toolkit
- Coordinate components of marketing campaigns (features, newsletters)
- Manage monthly marketing processes (database maintenance, promotional materials for conferences, market research surveys studying print ads, booking ad slots on internal materials, tracking promotional giveaway inventory)
- Book print ads, banners, e-alert, social media as needed
- Assist with implementation of promotional activities and marketing communications.
- Assist with organizing and planning client events
- Represent the marketing department at key exhibitions around the world.
- Work closely with the marketing manager on projects and reports
- Communicate with the sales team and marketing colleagues to complete and contribute to projects
- Additional contact with internal production, studio, web/digital, operations, as well as external vendors as needed
- Degree in science, literature, writing, or marketing/business preferred
- 1+ years marketing experience
- Digital marketing - tactical implementation
- Copywriting and creative sense
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel)
- Experience using marketing automation systems
- Knowledge of PPC/SEM channels
- Awareness of social media advertising solutions
- Strong aptitude in online marketing and tools including web analytics
- Strong time and project management skills; perform under tight deadlines
- Articulate written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is The Law Poster:
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.