Requirements: 8+ years of experience in K-12 educational marketing, ideally in the creation and marketing of supplemental educational materials. Demonstrated management expertise.
The Executive Director is responsible for leading Scholastic National Partnership’s editorial and education teams in the development and implementation of sponsored education and awareness campaigns. These campaigns, made possible with support from our partners, are pro—social campaigns designed to drive behavior change via high impact content delivered through Scholastic’s digital, family and school channels as well as via in person events and professional development. Responsibilities include overseeing the editorial development of all programs; training staff; managing program efficacy; and enhancing the team’s education and marketing expertise. This position also plays a role in developing business with new and existing partners and enhancing SNP’s stature at industry conferences and events.
The Executive Director drives process improvements while encouraging the best work and collaboration from all teams. The diverse backgrounds and experiences of the team members requires that the Director of Strategy be open and collaborative while guiding the team to the solutions that will drive the organization forward.
• Overseeing the conception and editorial development of programs to meet the goals of partners, the needs of educators, students and families and adhere to Scholastic’s standards
• Equip the senior team with tools and strategies to produce and integrate highest quality end-product
• Engage in broad based strategic dialog with marketing team and in so doing identify further opportunities for clients and partners
• Inspire team to deliver highest quality work product in a timely and personally satisfying manner
• To work with marketing team to develop and monitor metrics of “success”
• To lead problem solving, team and process structuring
Key Performance Objectives:
• Oversee the production of high quality partnership proposals through effective proposal development
• Lead the development of high quality editorial content that adheres with Scholastic’s mission and standards, as well as meets the needs of sponsors, teachers, students, and/or families
• Work with marketing team to meet key performance indicators and provide proof of success and/or engagement
• Educate and engage team on developments in education
• Support SNP programs at education and marketing conferences
- Work with VP to select conferences for SNP programs to be highlighted
- Be educational voice/spokesperson for programs at the conferences
The Executive Director for SNP reports jointly to the VP, working closely with them to improve the success of the division with a specific focus on improving the processes that drive daily activities and interactions between the proposal, marketing and editorial teams.
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of print and digital instructional materials for pre-K to grade 12, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs, classroom magazines and other products that, in combination, offer schools customized solutions to support children's learning both at school and at home. The Company also makes quality, affordable books available to all children through school-based book clubs and book fairs. With a 96 year history of service to schools and families, Scholastic continues to carry out its commitment to "Open a World of Possible" for all children. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• Experience in development of curriculum or lesson plans for K-12.
• Experience managing a diverse group for the successful completion of multiple and diverse complex programs and campaigns at one time
• Knowledge of national and state education requirements
• Experience working with clients/partners
• Marketing/cause marketing/advertising/digital marketing experience