ICM Partners, a major talent and literary agency with offices in NYC, LA, DC, and London, is seeking an exceptional, resourceful, highly organized Assistant to join our Publications Department. The ideal candidate will be accurate, a self-starter, with a strong work ethic who takes initiative to provide excellent administrative and editorial assistance to a Senior Literary Agent. The ability to be one step ahead of the Agent and think outside the box is a BIG plus. We need a confident person who can multi-task, and thrive in a fast-paced environment and someone who can work with creative personalities.
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum of 1-2 years previous administrative/office support experience in publishing or a related field is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding time management, project management, and multi-tasking skills
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Organized and analytical
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Pleasant demeanor, creative thinker, and ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Coordinate Agent's schedule which includes coordinating meetings and conference calls;
- Coordinates travel arrangements;
- Prioritizes emails and phone calls;
- Updates and organizes submission lists;
- Draft letters, memos, and other materials to publishers;
- Prepare and revise correspondence/internal and external documents/reports
- Act as a liaison between inquiring parties and agents/authors
- Act as a liaison between authors, editors, and subsidiary rights teams
- Researching account details of publishing contracts
- Maintain filing system and ensure filing remains current
- Facilitates contract signing and tracks advances due;
- Reads manuscripts and prepares readers reports;
- Kept up to date on industry news;
- Other varied administrative details as needed
ICM Partners offers a competitive industry salary plus excellent benefits.
ICM Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
All interested and qualified candidates please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.