The Inventory Manager is responsible for maintaining optimum inventory levels for all titles across all imprints, maintaining product information relevant to inventory in company business systems and providing general operational support for Editorial, Sales, Marketing, and Production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with internal parties affecting inventory to ensure that financial and operational targets are met for first print quantities, reprint quantities, inventory carrying cost, fill-rate, and obsolescence.
• Monitor sales and inventory reports and initiate reprints as required to avoid out-of-stocks while taking into account extreme seasonality of sales and other factors necessary to ensure continuous availability.
• Gather data to support print quantity recommendations including: sales activity, gratis, inventory levels in all warehouses, bookseller inventories, revision dates, and costs.
• Participate in cross-functional teams on projects to resolve and improve operational issues and systems.
• Develop and refine relationships with printers, retailers, and partners in all areas of distribution.
• Independently prepare and circulate selected weekly and month-end reports detailing sales velocity and inventory activity.
• Add value to inventory discussions by identifying trends and providing analysis relevant to assigned product lists.
• Maintain information relevant to inventory in various business systems including: reorder points, reprint details, stock status, title demographics, and item messages.
• Recall stock from domestic booksellers, international warehouses, and sales personnel, as necessary to maximize sales and profit from inventory investment.
• Identify out-of-print candidates and excess inventory and arrange for it to be remaindered and/or removed from the warehouse.
• Research and resolve defective product complaints with relevant parties.
• Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent experience required
• 4+ years’ experience in publishing or a related industry with specific knowledge of inventory management, distribution, as well as a general familiarity with basic accounting, manufacturing, freight, warehousing, and international distribution.
• Experience with distribution software for publishing or related industry.
• High level of proficiency in excel, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and other Microsoft Office applications.
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
• Knowledge of current and forthcoming print technologies, including digital product fulfillment, is preferred.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Ability to complete tasks and projects requiring cooperation, instruction, or persuasion.
• Work effectively with colleagues at all levels.
• Easy acceptance of change and process variation.
• Unwavering customer focus.
• Ability to solve problems creatively.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Exceptional organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and math skills.
• Ability to create reports and make recommendations based on data analysis.