Seeking a candidate with strong experience creating national and targeted publicity and online campaigns for hardcover literary and commercial fiction; and nonfiction genres of politics, history, science, sports and current events.
• Develop comprehensive, creative and successful publicity plans for a small, curated list of titles.
• Manage author care
• Manage all aspects of high profile publicity tours from planning to travel and events
• Maintain close relationships with print, broadcast media and online media
• Assist in departmental duties as part of a six-person team; manage intern and provide guidance to junior staff members on media campaigns and work strategies.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Ability to develop creative media outlets
• Established list of media contacts
• Ability to work effectively with editorial, marketing and sales departments
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Superior attention to detail
• Fluent with systems such as Cision, Edelweiss, Concur, Kronos, Salesforce
• Publicity media data bases
• Strong writing skills for press releases and creative galley letters and written media pitches
• Excellent long-lead time magazine contacts
• Four to five years publicity experience in adult trade book publishing.
Educational Background Required:
• Bachelor’s Degree
Macmillan is a group of media companies in the United States held by Verlagsgruppe Georg von Holtzbrinck, based in Stuttgart, Germany, which publishes a wide range of books, magazines, and digital products for the consumer and education markets. Our American publishers include Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Henry Holt & Company, W.H. Freeman and Worth Publishers, Bedford/St. Martin’s, Picador, Roaring Brook Press, St. Martin’s Press, Tor Books, Hayden McNeil, Macmillan Children’s Group, Macmillan Audio and Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to reflecting a broad representation of differences --race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, physical ability, age, family status, economic background and status, geographical background and status, and perspective — in our workplace. The successful candidate for this position will be an employee of Macmillan Publishing Group, LLC.