Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Under supervision of editorial management, the Associate Editor researches, acquires, and publishes book projects in Neurosciences. Note that this individual will not have any journal management responsibilities. S/he also will support editors in the following functions: market/competitive research; soliciting and evaluating reviews of book proposals; evaluation of submitted manuscripts; transmitting manuscripts into production.
* Acquisitions activities: Pursue an active and efficient acquisitions program through correspondence, meetings/editorial travel, consulting advisors, etc. Prepares contract folders to satisfaction of top management; presents own and other editors' titles at Editorial Conference.
* Within the discipline(s) assigned, responsible for defining, maintaining, and furthering the company's accepted goals in terms of program growth and development.
* Meet goals set by editorial management for contracts signed, manuscripts transmitted to production, and titles published each year. In first 12 months the Associate Editor is expected to contract at least 10 contracts.
* Interact within the company with other acquisitions editors, production department, product managers, sales department, counterparts in Springer offices abroad, etc. Monitors other departments' activities on behalf of the Associate Editor's projects, and coordinates the Associate Editor's program (where possible) with corresponding programs in other Springer locations.
* Conducts market and competitive research in support of and at the direction of editorial management.
* Performs related duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree, preference for STEM (neuroscience or related field ideal.)
* 3+ years experience in scholarly publishing; experience acquiring book projects preferred.
* Willing and able to travel (domestically and internationally.)
* Interest in growing an acquisitions book program with a passion for academic publishing.
* Must be well-organized and attentive to detail.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster:
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: