Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
The Account Development Manager – Corporate Markets works in partnership with Corporate Institutional Marketing and Sales to maintain customer retention and identify additional upsell opportunities through various post-sale marketing tactics including online customer behavior analyses (usage, denial, trial analysis), customer visits, usage/awareness campaigns, content discovery audits and training.
In coordination with the Corporate Sales team, the ADM will engineer the post-sale marketing activities that will be focused on data driven engagement and customer centric strategies that will have short and long term impacts on renewals and upsell opportunities. This will ensure that corporate customers make optimal use of the Springer Nature holdings and have a line of marketing support post purchase.
This position focuses on Springer Nature’s entire product portfolio. He/she is responsible for the planning and project management of all account development activities including the creation of an annual account development plan which will be reviewed and adjusted on a quarterly basis in coordination with Corporate Sales and Marketing.
The ADM will be responsible for the effective management of account development related budgets, travel and expense reports and key deliverables including strategic planning and KPI creation and tracking. In addition, he/she will create and establish internal workflows that will continually improve; customer tracking, trials tacking, analyzing of results; publish internal and external successes; usage campaigns; co-marketing and co-branding partnerships via events and collateral.
* Oversee and prepare the annual AD plan for Corporate Marketing – North America in conjunction with regional Corporate Marketing and Sales.
* Coordinate efforts to develop and conduct customer focused training programs utilizing internal eLearning software, to promote customer satisfaction and usage resulting in renewal and revenue growth.
* Provide post-sales customer support for products and deliver pertinent feedback to sales and marketing management.
* Monitor customer trial usage and behavior and deploy necessary marketing campaigns (aligned with sales) in an effort to increase usage and ultimately uptake.
* Usage analysis is consistently monitored and proactively approached through various internal tools/campaigns.
* Engineer marketing campaigns to promote usage and brand awareness in an effort to improve customer uptake and perception.
* Participate in the sales and marketing team meetings.
* Create customized data reports to existing customers in an effort increase the usage and awareness.
* Schedule customer visits (in coordination with sales) and understand the needs of the customer and support them with various tools and activities that help increase ROI.
* Conduct discoverability audits for respective customers that are identified as having low usage/awareness.
* Other assigned duties as needed
* Bachelor’s degree in a related field
* Extensive sales, marketing or training experience (5+ years) within Science, Technology and Medicine (STM) industry preferred
* Creative and self sufficient
* High degree of autonomy, initiative and resilience
* Excellent communicator and experienced with working in a global environment
* Up to 25% international and domestic travel.
* Self-directed and motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit.
* Strong computer skills in databases, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
* Experience utilizing CRM systems to track account activity
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and AD&D
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Transit Accounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Summer Hours.
Springer Nature is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is
The Law Poster:
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: