The Overlook Press, an independent publisher based in Soho NYC, has an opening for a talented, book-loving Associate Publicist or Publicist (titled based on experience) with an interest and background in publicizing both fiction and nonfiction titles.
• Plan and execute successful campaigns for a wide variety of books: literary and commercial fiction; and nonfiction in categories including history, memoir, science, sociology, politics, music, film, and art/design, among others.
• Write press materials, including compelling press releases and creative, effective pitch letters.
• Schedule interviews with broadcast, print, and online media, and coordinate multi-city book tours and author appearances.
• Develop and maintain strong contacts across all media.
• Work closely with marketing, sales, and editorial departments.
• Publicize our books and authors creatively across all social media platforms.
• 2-5 years' experience in book publicity.
• Strong contacts across all media.
• Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the digital and social media landscape.
• Strong organizational abilities and superb written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Health plan; salary commensurate with experience.
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.