If you are having trouble logging in to Publishers Marketplace, there are a few possible reasons. For example:
- You're not actually a paying member of Publishers Marketplace (subscribing to the free version of Publishers Lunch does not make you a Marketplace member; you need to join by filling out our Registration form); or
- You're not using the correct log-in form, or not submitting it; or
- You're not entering your correct user name and/or password; or
Try following these steps exactly:
- Make sure you are logged out of Publishers Marketplace by loading this page in your browser:
- Next, proceed to our Log-in page:
Enter your user name and password into the form; your password
is case-sensitive, so you must enter it exactly. (Make sure your Caps
Lock key is not engaged.)
IMPORTANT: If your browser automatically fills in your user name or password
when you load our log-in form, erase them and manually type
in your correct user name and password. Your browser may be "remembering"
an incorrect log-in.
Please note that your user name is different from your full name, and it is not your e-mail address. Refer to the "Welcome to Publishers Marketplace" mail we sent you when you joined; it contains your correct user name. If you no longer have that mail, try using the Password Reset form; you'll need to enter the e-mail address we currently have on file.
- After entering your user name and password on the Log-in page, check the "Remember me" box, and then click the "go" button.
- Once you click "go," you should be logged in and sent to the Member home page. If you're not automatically sent there, try visiting directly: At the top left of the page, you should see a box that reads "You are logged in as [user name]." Below that will be the enhanced menu for logged-in members. And there will be a "Welcome back to Publishers Marketplace" headline in the center column. If you see none of those things, try holding down the CTRL (Control) or (on a Macintosh) the SHIFT key on your keyboard while clicking your browser's REFRESH button. This should force your browser to fetch the home page from the Internet, rather than loading it from your browser's cache.
If these steps don't work, then there's a problem with your browser — most likely, you're blocking cookies from Publishers Marketplace. Accepting our cookies is required in order to stay logged in from page to page.
If you are rejecting our cookies, then perhaps you manually set your browser to decline them; or perphaps your security settings are too high. (In Internet Explorer, setting the Internet Zone to "High" security will block all cookies, except from sites you add to your list of "Trusted Sites.") Here are a few pages that may help you to enable cookies and/or adjust your security settings: