I am an experienced writer and ghostwriter of nonfiction books, as well as a developmental/conceptual editor. I began my career as staff editor at Jeremy P. Tarcher Books, where I acquired and edited the bestselling WOMEN WHO LOVE TOO MUCH. As a freelance writer and editor, I specialize in the areas of psychology, relationships, parenting, women's issues, health and creativity. My clients include both publishing houses and individual authors.
Authors in need of a collaborative writer who understands their target reader look to me to transform their ideas into an intelligent yet accessible mainstream book. I also provide editorial guidance in preparing book proposals, sample chapters and final manuscripts.
My collaborative writing credits include PARENTS WHO CHEAT (HCI); EMOTIONALLY HEALTHY TWINS(Da Capo); LATINA POWER! (Simon & Schuster); ;and YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE (Dutton).
“Laura Golden first saw the manuscript and believed in it. Laura’s insightful, inspiring, and unflagging guidance of a first-time author vastly improved the relevance, coherence, and overall quality of the book. Working with her has been a great blessing and delight.”
- Robin Norwood, WOMEN WHO LOVE TOO MUCH (Tarcher/Putnam)
"If you want an editor who is as gentle as she is skilled, you'll love working with Laura Bellotti. Her work helped me write a book proposal that had eight different publishers clamoring to meet with me in person, even though I was an unknown author writing about an unknown concept."
- Margaret Lobenstine, THE RENAISSANCE SOUL: LIFE DESIGN FOR PEOPLE WITH TOO MANY PASSIONS TO PICK JUST ONE (Random House/Broadway)
“Laura Bellotti’s sensitive editing and sure-footedness in the world of words saved the day.”
- Gabriele Rico, WRITING THE NATURAL WAY(Tarcher/Putnam)
“Laura Golden Bellotti has been as close to perfect as an editor can be.
She mixes encouragement and criticism with the acumen of a well-seasoned psychologist.”
- Dr. Ira Heilveil, WHEN FAMILIES FEUD(Perigee)
“My superb editor, Laura Golden Bellotti’s keen insight, care, attention, love for poetry and editorial gifts draw excellence out of my writing.”
- John Fox, POETIC MEDICINE: THE HEALING ART OF POEM-MAKING (Tarcher/Putnam)
“Laura Golden Bellotti refined the manuscript and asked me very probing questions. She was terrific at helping me to meet my deadlines.”
- Susan Wilson, SPORTS HER WAY: MOTIVATING GIRLS TO START AND STAY WITH SPORTS (Fireside/Simon & Schuster)
"Laura Golden Bellotti worked with me on the manuscript at a critical time when I was otherwise very much alone, without an agent or a publisher. Her brilliant editing and generous heart kept me going."
- Laurie Gunst, OFF-WHITE: A MEMOIR (Soho Press)
“Special thanks to Laura Golden Bellotti. Your talent, intuition, and ability to understand what I was trying to say and help me say it clearly are remarkable.”
- Jessica Gillooly, Ph.D., TALKING WITH YOUR DAUGHTER ABOUT MENSTRUATION (Perspective Publishing)
”Laura Golden Bellotti wriggled inside my manuscript and provided masterful guidance. I was very lucky to work with Laura. Every writer should be so fortunate.”
- Marc Myers, HOW TO MAKE LUCK: 7 SECRETS LUCKY PEOPLE USE TO SUCCEED (Renaissance Books)
"My editor, Laura Golden Bellotti, has been a golden delight to work with and just 'gets it'.
- Lynne Franks, THE SEED HANDBOOK: THE FEMININE WAY TO CREATE BUSINESS (Tarcher/Putnam)
REVIEWS & ENDORSEMENTS OF BOOKS WRITTEN BY LAURA GOLDEN BELLOTTI
LATINA POWER! by Dr. Ana Nogales with Laura Golden Bellotti
“Very empowering! Dr. Nogales reveals
our need to acknowledge, awaken and
utilize the inner power and strengths
we already possess in order to take control of our lives and succeed.”
- Jacqueline Obradors, actress, NYPD Blue, Tortilla Soup
“Finally, a book about Latinas by Latinas for Latinas! Through the journeys of these amazing women, we learn what makes Latinas who they
are today. Their lives and stories provide us with something all Latinas need—pure inspiration!”
- Congresswoman Nydia M. Velazquez, New York
DR. ANA NOGALES' BOOK OF LOVE, SEX AND RELATIONSHIPS: A GUIDE FOR LATINO COUPLES, by Dr. Ana Nogales with Laura Golden Bellotti
“The community at large, and the Hispanic community in particular, will greatly benefit from this informative and delightful book.”
- Sergio Martinez-Romero, Ph.D., President, California Hispanic Psychological Association
“This book is highly recommended…”
- Library Journal
“If you want to survive the culture clash bajo las sabanas, at the workplace,across the table, or at home, this book has to be your new amigo.”
-Cristina Saralegui, The Cristina Show
YOU CAN'T HURRY LOVE, by Laurie Levin and Laura Golden Bellotti
“If you think you’ve missed the boat
when it comes to love and marriage,
this book will convince you otherwise.”
- Abigail Van Buren / Dear Abby
“Well written and full of hope.”
“A convincing study that readers will
- Publishers Weekly