I'm an award-winning, NY Times Bestselling writer specializing in health, nutrition, and self-improvement.
I write, ghostwrite, and edit books, book proposals, articles, digital content, and content marketing materials for a wide range of consumer, medical, and corporate audiences.
BOOKS: Collaborating with health experts, I have co-written/ghostwritten many books, including:
• NEW YORK TIMES #1 BESTSELLER The Doctor's Diet: Dr. Travis Stork's STAT Program to Help You Lose Weight & Restore Your Health. By Travis Stork, M.D., co-host of the Emmy Award-winning show, The Doctors (Bird Street Books, 2014)
• Healthy Mom, Healthy Baby: The Ultimate Pregnancy Guide. Co-written with Siobhan Dolan, M.D., medical consultant to the March of Dimes (HarperOne, 2013)
• NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER The OMNI Diet: The Revolutionary PLANT + PROTEIN Program to Lose Weight, Reverse Disease, Fight Inflammation, and Change Your Life Forever. By healthy lifestyle expert Tana Amen, R.N. (St. Martin's Press, 2013)
• Balance Your Life, Balance the Scale: Seven Steps to Inspired Weight Loss. By Jennifer Tuma-Young, Brand Ambassador for Curves, the largest fitness franchise company in the world (HarperOne, September 2012)
• Be Happy Without Being Perfect: How to Worry Less and Enjoy Life More. Co-written with Dr. Alice Domar, director of The Domar Center for Mind/Body Health (Crown, 2008)
• Your Ultimate Week-by-Week Pregnancy Guide. With OB/GYN Laura E. Riley, M.D., director of labor and delivery at Massachusetts General Hospital (Meredith, 2006)
• Healthy Eating During Pregnancy: Your Guide to Eating Well. With Dr. Laura Riley and Mass General dietitian Stacey Nelson (Meredith, 2006)
• Conquering Infertility: Dr. Alice Domar's Mind/Body Guide to Enhancing Fertility and Coping with Infertility. Co-written with Dr. Alice Domar (Viking, 2002)
• Several custom-published health books from Reader's Digest, Better Homes & Gardens, Publications International, and Meredith Books
BOOK EDITING: I edit and proofread book manuscripts at any stage of development.
BOOK PROPOSALS: I write book proposals that attract the attention of agents and publishers. Proposals that I've written or ghostwritten have received major advances (some at auction) from major publishers.
GHOSTWRITING/COLLABORATING: Health experts turn to me to help brainstorm book topics, organize and package ideas, write proposals, create outlines, conduct background research, and identify and interview quotable patients. I work closely with experts (or not so closely, if that’s what they prefer) to ensure that their authority and unique voice shine through on every page.
ARTICLES: My articles have appeared in more than 50 newspapers and magazines, including The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, MORE, Woman's Day, Good Housekeeping, Shape, Fit Pregnancy, Reader's Digest, Prevention, Self, Martha Stewart Living, VIV Mag, and O, The Oprah Magazine.
DIGITAL CONTENT: I create content for websites such as iVillage.com, WebMD, OralCareAndHealthDaily.com, Lifescript.com, WeightWatchers.com, dLife.com, About.com, and DiscoveryHealth.com.
CONTENT MARKETING: I develop custom content for hospitals, health education organizations, nonprofits, and businesses such as the American Cancer Society, the March of Dimes, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Quest Diagnostics, Pace Communications, Dowden Health Media, and Johnson & Johnson.
SPECIALTY AREAS: My strong medical knowledge base includes women's health, family health, nutrition, pregnancy, diet/weight loss, infertility, stress management, celiac disease, menopause, mental health, mind/body wellness, diabetes, baby and child care, fitness/exercise, memory, and aging.
MY WORK: I create highly readable print-ready content that meets all of my clients’ specifications. Experienced and committed to quality, I am easy to work with and meet all deadlines.
MEMBERSHIPS: American Society of Journalists and Authors, Association of Healthcare Journalists, American Medical Writers Association
AWARDS: My work has won awards from the American Medical Writers Association, the Western Publishing Association, and the Health Information Resource Center.