I'm an award-winning, New York Times Best-Selling writer specializing in health, nutrition, and self-improvement.
I write and ghostwrite books, book proposals, articles, online content, corporate communication materials, and white papers for a wide range of consumer, medical, and corporate audiences.
BOOKS: Collaborating with health experts, I have co-written and collaborated on many books, including:
• Healthy Moms, Healthy Babies: The Ultimate Pregnancy Guide. Co-written with Siobhan Dolan, M.D., medical consultant to the March of Dimes. (HarperOne, 2013)
• NEW YORK TIMES BEST SELLER The OMNI Diet: The Revolutionary PLANT + PROTEIN Program to Lose Weight, Reverse Disease, Fight Inflammation, and Change Your Life Forever. With healthy lifestyle expert Tana Amen, R.N., (St. Martin's Press, 2013)
• Balance Your Life, Balance the Scale: Seven Steps to Inspired Weight Loss. With Jennifer Tuma-Young, Brand Ambassador for Curves, the largest fitness franchise company in the world. Curves has more than 4 million members and 10,000 locations in 85 countries. (HarperOne, September 2012)
• Be Happy Without Being Perfect: How to Worry Less and Enjoy Life More. Co-written with Dr. Alice Domar, director of The Domar Center for Mind/Body Health (Crown, 2008)
• Your Ultimate Week-by-Week Pregnancy Guide. With OB/GYN Laura E. Riley, M.D., director of labor and delivery at Massachusetts General Hospital (Meredith, 2006)
• Healthy Eating During Pregnancy: Your Guide to Eating Well. With Dr. Laura Riley and Mass General dietitian Stacey Nelson (Meredith, 2006)
• Conquering Infertility: Dr. Alice Domar's Mind/Body Guide to Enhancing Fertility and Coping with Infertility. Co-written with Dr. Alice Domar (Viking, 2002)
• Several custom-published health books from Reader's Digest, Better Homes & Gardens, Publications International, and Meredith
BOOK PROPOSALS: I write book proposals that attract the attention of agents and publishers. Proposals that I've written or ghostwritten have received major advances (some at auction) from major publishers.
GHOSTWRITING/COLLABORATING: Health experts turn to me to help brainstorm book topics, organize and package ideas, write proposals, create outlines, conduct background research, and identify and interview quotable patients. I work closely with experts (or not so closely, if that’s what they prefer) to ensure that their authority and unique voice shine through on every page.
ARTICLES: My articles have appeared in more than 50 newspapers and magazines, including The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, MORE, Woman's Day, Good Housekeeping, Shape, Fit Pregnancy, Reader's Digest, Prevention, Self, Martha Stewart Living, VIV Mag, and O, The Oprah Magazine.
ONLINE CONTENT: I create content for websites such as iVillage.com, OralCareAndHealthDaily.com, Lifescript.com, WeightWatchers.com, dLife.com, About.com, and DiscoveryHealth.com.
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS: I develop marketing content for hospitals, corporations, and nonprofits such as Quest Diagnostics, Johnson & Johnson, the American Cancer Society, the March of Dimes, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, and Blue Cross Blue Shield.
SPECIALTY AREAS: My strong medical knowledge base includes women's health, family health, nutrition, pregnancy, diet/weight loss, infertility, stress management, celiac disease, menopause, mental health, mind/body wellness, diabetes, baby and child care, fitness/exercise, memory, and aging.
MY WORK: I create highly readable print-ready content that meets all of my clients’ specifications. Experienced and committed to quality, I am easy to work with and meet all deadlines.
MEMBERSHIPS: American Society of Journalists and Authors, American Medical Writers Association
AWARDS: My work has won awards from the American Medical Writers Association, the Western Publishing Association, and the Health Information Resource Center.