Henery Press is an award-winning publisher in the mystery/suspense genre focused on engaging stories with sharp twists and lively characters. We want every reader to enjoy a captivating story written by a talented author wrapped in a pretty package. All books are available in digital format (ebooks) and print (trade paperbacks) and may be found in popular outlets like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Copia, Kobo, iBookstore, as well as your favorite independent bookshop or local library. We pay royalties to our authors while offering editorial guidance, engaging cover artwork and a structured turn-key social media strategy. We’ve got high expectations up here in the Hen House and we pass the results along to you. Whether you’re swiftly turning the paper page or quickly tapping the turn page button, we hope we’ve whisked you away to someplace mysterious or dramatic, and always fascinating. Happy reading!
** How to Become a Henery Press Author
Browse our catalog, read the blurb, read an excerpt, read the book. If you think your manuscript fits right in, then please, give it a shot. We get pretty excited when new little birdies join the Hen House.
What do we want? Pretty much what every publisher wants: A tight story with interesting details and lively characters.
– We accept novellas and novels.
– We’re particularly interested in series for all genres.
– Your manuscript need not be new: we consider previously published work, including your backlist.
– We accept simultaneous submissions.
* Mystery (all subgenres including traditional, humorous, paranormal, and cozy).
* Chick Lit (yeah, we said it)
– No YA or Middle Grade submissions unless they are mysteries, please
Standard formatting: Times New Roman 12 point font with 1 inch margins, double-spaced. Name, title and page numbers in the header at the top of each page.
Email submissions only.
The subject line must be as follows: Last Name, Genre, Title.
– Example: GRAFTON Mystery A IS FOR ALIBI
Body of email:
– Include the word count, genre, title and a short but intriguing blurb.
– Introduce yourself with a short bio (nothing fancy, this need not be a resume), and be sure to note your social networking presence (website, blog, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, some other medium that’s just been invented, etc.).
– Indicate if your manuscript is part of a series and note the series status (if this is the first book, with books two and three complete, or perhaps book two is in the draft stage, etc.).
– If this manuscript was previously published, indicate the publisher and publish date.
– Attach the entire manuscript as either a Word .doc or .txt file.
subs (at) henerypress (dot) com
** Quick Tip:
Submit when the story is ready, not when you’re ready. Make sure you’ve gone through the entire process: first draft, edits, revisions, edits, more edits, a few more edits, then a quick polish. Now submit for critiques (folks who will critique it honestly, not just pat you on the head) and let it percolate while you wait (write the next in the series!). Get it back, think carefully about the comments and suggestions, and revise like nobody’s business. Once you’ve tightened that baby within an inch of its life, polish it until sparkles. Carefully weed out grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, word mix-ups (like there and their) and typos. Take your time and make it shine.
Timeline: Submissions currently take 4-5 weeks.
** For general questions, please send a brief but detailed email and we’ll give you our best answers.
Email Us: info (at) henerypress (dot) com
** For media relations and review related information (press releases, hi res images, blurbs, pricing, etc.), feel free to contact us anytime. And for ARC requests, please email your bio and blog/reviewer stats and we’ll get right back to you.
Review Us: media (at) henerypress (dot) com
** If you’re a bookseller or library interested in carrying Henery Press books, send us a quick note — or you can find us in catalogs such as Baker & Taylor, Brodart, EBSCO, Ingram, Gardners, and the Espresso Book Machine..
Sell Us: sales (at) henerypress (dot) com
** We’re always looking for peppy peeps to join the Hen House team. If you have a passion for fiction, a sharp eye for grammar, and a knack for social networking, then email us your creative intro letter and resume. Preference goes to those who can drive to the our N. Dallas office, but not a requirement.
Intern with Us: careers (at) henerypress (dot) com