Amazon Publishing is seeking a highly intelligent, creative, enthusiastic and well-connected book publicist to promote titles published by the 47North, Skyscape and Montlake imprints. In addition to demonstrated expertise in book publicity, the successful candidate must have an eye for innovation as well as an entrepreneurial and goal-oriented approach to public relations. As a Publicity Lead, you will ideate and drive strategies for books to thrive in the digital age, discovering new ways to connect with readers and book press. To thrive in this role you should be motivated by a start-up culture and the challenge of building a new and exciting publishing business.
The Publicity Lead will report to the Head of Publicity and manage a publicist. This role is based in Seattle WA and will require periodic travel.
Core job responsibilities:
- Plan and execute publicity campaigns for 47North, Skyscape and Montlake titles in order to drive sales and awareness
- Develop, implement and execute broader, non-title specific author- and imprint-branding strategies to promote Amazon Publishing’s adult and YA science fiction, fantasy and romance publishing programs
- Write press materials; pitch and secure top national and local media, including print, broadcast and online outlets, with a focus on genre tastemakers
- Create and manage media lists and build strong relationships with key media
- Work closely with editorial and business leadership on title acquisition and provide feedback on general acquisition strategy
- Collaborate closely with editorial, marketing, and promotional teams in order to drive successful title launches and build author brand awareness
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6-8 years book publicity experience
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and work flexibly and quickly