Chronicle Books is seeking an Associate Production Coordinator for its Childrens division. The person in this role will provide individual book project management for the children’s publishing group, as well as general administrative support for the Production Developer Group, ensuring that all administration tasks necessary for supporting critical sales and publishing initiatives are fulfilled.
Print Production Development & Project Management
• Work with creative team (editorial/managing editorial/design) to generate title specific specifications and generate price requests for these. Brainstorm and trouble shoot any pre-production problems, modifying material choices and specifications as necessary.
• Specifically oversee the project management of the production on a selection of children’s titles (books), printing domestically and overseas, from creative inception to books in warehouse, in a cost effective and creative manner, including calculating and maintaining all purchase orders for vendors involved in the manufacture of titles.
• Liaise between publishing team and printers to effectively communicate all necessary actions, changes and concerns that arise throughout the production process. Update and maintain all spreadsheets/data relevant to production of titles: pricing worksheets, PM database, and any other spreadsheets necessary.
Production Department Support
• Using proprietary costing calculator tools and scale pricing, calculate and maintain, in conjunction with Production Developers, all requests for repeat or scale specifications, updating pricing spreadsheets and data systems as necessary.
• Work with Sales & Marketing to define and order seasonal bulk advances
• Work with Operations to coordinate drop shipments for first printing titles with outside vendors.
• Complete and maintain necessary paperwork for the safety testing of book-plus and non-book product.
• Stay updated on industry standards and technology.
• Demonstrate a high level of commitment to the frank exchange of ideas and information; nurture an atmosphere of mutual accountability and trust.
• Be responsible for special projects to enhance the Production effort of Chronicle Books.
• 1-2 years print project management experience in publishing, color/ offset printing experience preferred
• Working knowledge of Adobe Suite
• Strong Excel Skills
• Clear communication, good organizational skills and ability to multi task a must
• College Degree
• NOTE: THIS IS NOT A DESIGN POSITION, THIS IS A PRINT MANUFACTURING POSITION
Please submit an engaging cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to note Associate Production Coordinator in the subject line of your email. As a publisher, communication skills are critically important; your cover letter should demonstrate your written communication ability and provide some insight into you as a candidate and your interest in specifically working at Chronicle Books. EOE.
One of the most admired and respected publishing companies in the United States, Chronicle Books was founded in 1967 and over the years has developed a reputation for award-winning, innovative books. Our independent company continues to challenge conventional publishing wisdom, setting trends in both subject and format across a list that is as diverse as it is distinctive. We seek and hire people who are committed to the frank exchange of ideas and who foster an atmosphere of mutual accountability and trust to help us succeed.