The Park Literary Group is seeking a full-time assistant for the Executive Director of Foreign Rights. We are looking for someone with two years of relevant work experience (within foreign rights is preferred—either film or publishing) who is highly organized, detail oriented, and discreet. We value enthusiastic team players with fresh ideas and a global view. Our ideal candidate will be a collaborative colleague and problem solver who is always looking for more innovative and efficient ways of getting the job done. An ability to communicate is imperative, and the assistant should feel comfortable asking questions, proposing ideas, and reaching out to colleagues.
In addition to the standard foreign rights assistant duties (some of which are listed below), there will be opportunities to participate in projects ranging from publicity and marketing planning to film and digital launches. We are a highly collaborative group of people and hope to find an assistant who will be passionate about our clients and our work.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Managing the database (BAITS)
• Tracking contracts, tax forms and payments
• Scheduling for book fairs, business trips and author tours
• Maintaining the website, rights guide, all promotional material for authors
• Submissions to co-agents, scouts, editors
• Corresponding with co-agents, scouts, authors and editors on a daily basis
• Query and manuscript evaluation
• General office tasks