Paula Deen Ventures, LLC is looking for an experienced, results-oriented Production Manager - Publications. This is an exciting opportunity to oversee and direct production for a bestselling author of 14 lifestyle and cookbooks.
The Production Manager - Publications plans, directs and coordinates all aspects of production, publication, manufacture and distribution of Paula Deen books, cookbooks and magazines. Maintains scheduling integrity from manuscript completion through final production and distribution. Manages vendor contracts and quality control. Position may be home-based remotely with periodic travel to Savannah, Georgia and vendor locations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Basic Functions
• Establishes technical guidelines and publishing policies / procedures for internal and external resources.
• Procurement and analysis of bids. Vetting of vendor candidates and selection of vendors.
• Responsible for planning, scheduling integrity, trafficking, quality control and color management.
• Requires making decisions that affect other people, the financial resources and/or the image and reputation of the PDV organization.
• Oversees pre-press, production, manufacturing and distribution quality control.
• Responsible for project management and frequent communication with project team.
• Creation, issuance and monitoring of production schedules.
• Assessment and development of needed project resources – financial, internal human resources and external contract resources.
3. Networking and Distribution
• Establish, develop and maintain network of printers, vendors. writers and industry contacts.
• Leverages internal and external industry relationships, resources and expertise to execute strategy.
• Establishing working relationship with domestic and foreign suppliers.
• Establish and maintain inventory and distributions pipeline to ensure timely delivery of books.
• Creates and maintains departmental and project budget and expense approvals.
• Issuance of purchase orders and check requests.
• Maintains personal expense reports and back up documentation (mileage log, receipts, etc.).
• Bachelor degree from accredited college or university preferred or college course work and knowledge gained through equivalent work experience.
• Have excellent people skills, effective at interacting with internal and external clients and vendors.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of related experience in illustrated book production, manufacturing and distribution.
• Knowledge of and intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop and internet search.
• Advanced knowledge of composition, printing, binding, color separation and electronic pre-press.
• Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines efficiently and effectively.
• Excellent organizational skills, reading comprehension, speaking effectively, communicating effectively in writing, instructing others on expectations and standards, negotiating and persuasion skills, problem solving skills.
To apply send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.