Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
Yale University Press is looking to hire a new member for a team devoted exclusively to the publication of a prestigious list of art and architecture titles. Individual will acquire and manage a list of books on architecture and architectural history as well as museum exhibition catalogues and co-publications. Individual will assist the Publisher for Art & Architecture with strategic planning and development of the art and architecture list.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and six years publishing experience in editorial acquisitions and/or illustrated books or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Proven acquisition and editorial skills and thorough knowledge of book production.
• Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and meet challenging deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to working with demanding authors and in complex museum and institutional environments/cultures.
• Strong interpersonal skills, exacting attention to detail, superior organizational skills.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with others.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at www.Yale.edu/jobs - the STARS req ID for this position is 24211BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.