The Penguin Young Readers Sales team is looking for a dynamic individual to work with and oversee the account relationship with Amazon to optimize sales of print and digital Penguin Young Readers titles. The National Account Manager is also responsible for analyzing performance data, managing account specific inventory and demand, generating trend analyses, driving category growth, and securing key merchandising exposure in partnership with the larger PRH Amazon sales team.
Specifically, the National Account Manager:
• Develops, nurtures, maintains and supports a positive, productive, and efficient relationship with Amazon on behalf of the PYRG publishing program
• Prepares and presents seasonal list presentation and develops and implements strategic, creative innovative ways to achieve revenue growth by category; monitors actual sales versus projections/targets.
• Serves as PYRG’s primary owner and day to day manager of PYRG’s business to manage solicitation and day to day account delivery issues, managing inventory levels/efficiencies, tracking orders, securing merchandising support and tracking/analyzing sales.
• Generates key category analysis and performance metrics to inform frontlist and backlist growth strategy; monitors and generates returns and efficiencies analysis – as well as market share reporting on a title basis.
• Prepares quarterly business reviews and presents findings.
• In conjunction with larger PRH Amazon sales team, drives PYRG participation in Amazon’s marketing & merchandising initiatives.
• Collaborates with PYRG Marketing and Publicity teams to share and develop content that can help drive Amazon sales.
• Monitors stock to ensure that Amazon has sufficient inventory; provides detailed stock recommendations and provides goal, initial and re-order projections to PYRG’s Production, Editorial, and Operations teams to inform print runs and budgets.
• Acts as a liaison to Operations, Production, Digital, Managing Ed to troubleshoot feed issues and communicates regularly to Amazon to provide real time case updates.
• Proactively collaborates with cross-company colleagues to position, champion and prioritize PYRG title performance; answers account specific questions from publishers, editors, marketing and publicity directors, authors and agents regarding how Amazon.com functions, sells, and markets PYRG books.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum qualifications:
• 4 year college degree
• 5-7 years of publishing sales experience – preferably with strong digital experience
• Knowledgeable about the online sales channel, evolving e-commerce trends and overall book market – including familiarity with industry supply chain, category analysis and author/title/genre trends; experience and/or interest in children’s books preferred
• Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal positioning/presentation and written communication skills; ability to interface directly with all levels of management
• Excellent organizational and follow-up skills; ability to prioritize and demonstrate initiative in deadline driven environment
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite with emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint; basic understanding of web logic and design (HTML and digital file delivery)
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate "National Account Manager" in the subject line. No phone calls/agencies please.