HarperCollins Children's Books is currently seeking a Senior Production Editor to manage titles in the HarperTeen, Harper, Balzer + Bray and Katherine Tegen Books imprints, with an emphasis on high profile YA authors, some middle grade, and heavily illustrated nonfiction.
•Handles production editorial work from manuscript through bound book, including:
- copyediting and proofreading covers and jackets using Track Changes and style sheets in Word.
- placing longer manuscripts with freelance copy editors and proofreaders.
- checking the work of all freelancers by cold reading and carefully reviewing materials.
- checking all stages of proofs and PDFs.
•Works knowledgeably with editors and designers in anticipating and solving issues.
•Follows up with designers and editors in order to maintain schedules.
•Updates electronic schedules and works comfortably with basic computer programs.
•Prioritizes work appropriately, meeting steady turnaround demands while maintaining very high quality.
- Significant prior relevant work experience, 5+ years
- Must have strong computer/MS Word skills
- Solid copyediting and proofreading skills
- Strong communication skills
- Must be detailed-oriented, organized, and able to set priorities under pressure
- Is comfortable working within digital workflow systems and welcomes opportunities to learn and grow
- Brings a flexible, upbeat attitude to the job and enjoys working in a team setting
- Must possess college degree or equivalent work experience
HarperCollins Publishers, one of the largest English-language publishers in the world, is a subsidiary of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NNC, NNCLV). Headquartered in New York, HarperCollins has publishing groups around the world in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and India. HarperCollins is a broad-based publisher with strengths in literary and commercial fiction, business books, children's books, cookbooks, narrative nonfiction, mystery, romance, reference, pop culture, design, health, wellness, and religious and spiritual books. With nearly 200 years of history, HarperCollins has published some of the world's foremost authors, including winners of the Nobel Prize, the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery Medal, and the Caldecott Medal. HarperCollins is consistently at the forefront of innovation, using digital technology to create unique reading experiences and expand the reach of its authors. You can visit HarperCollins Publishers online at: http://www.harpercollins.com